Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Write the Vision

Habakkuk 2:2-3 "And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision, make it plain upon tables, that he may run and readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it terry, wait on it; because it will surely come, it will not terry."

Why is it such a stigma about a single woman stating that she wants to be married? Why lie about it? I do agree that we should not go out looking and that she would not dwell and obsess about it because there is so much more to life than getting married. Plus you would appear desperate. You should also focus on the fulfilling the purpose has for you in your singleness. But you have not because you ask not! (James 4:2). 

You have to have a VISION, not just for a mate, but for any and everything you desire. Not only do you need to write the VISION and make it plain, but you need to speak it. (Psalm 45:1 and Proverbs 18:21).

So I am going to start it off. I'm going to write my VISION and make it plain.

The man GOD has for me:

Physical

·        Tall
·        Good looking
·        Kind of on the Husky/Built side (not little or skinny)
·        Well groomed
·        Nice lips
·        Nice teeth
·        Ambitious
·        Complements my accomplishments
·        Knows how to mange money
·        Business minded
·        Driven
·        Good sense of humor
·        Humble
·        Fun-loving

Spiritual

·        Saved, sanctified, baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and showing the evidence of the Holy Ghost through tongues speaking.
·        Has a fruit bearing relationship with God
·        Complements me in the spirit
·        Tithe paying
·        Able to be the priest of my household.

Are you going to write your VISION and make it plain?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This has really ministered to me. It's always nice to know that there are others going through similar situations. I DEFINITELY have a vision for the things GOD has promised me. One of those promises has to do w/my desire to be married. I have a list (a little flexible) of well OVER 30 qualities I'm asking for in a husband that I will not list here.(lol) But because I was one of those women who became obsessed w/getting married *hanging head in shame* GOD has allowed me to wait perhaps longer than was originally planned. But while waiting, He's been teaching me a couple of wonderful lessons:
    1) He wants me to desire (mentally and emotionally pursue) Him as much as, if not more than, I desire to be a godly man's wife.
    2) I need to make sure I am the type of woman who is worthy of the type of man I desire. This includes making sure that I am walking faithfully w/the LORD as well as healthy, physically fit and financially solvent... among other things. I used to wonder if God had marriage in His plan for me but all this prep has me CONVINCED that His promise to me is true and not a figment of my imagination.

    ReplyDelete