Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fear Not!

Challenge: Not to allow Fear to bind us! We don't really realize how much we allow fear to control us and a lot of time not allow us to fully put our trust in God. Personally I know I struggle with trusting God and my fear of failure and rejection. I'm always thinking so far in advance, "what if this doesn't work out?" "what if I don't do a good job?" instead of just standing on the word that the Lord already gave me. 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind." We allow the fact that we don't know exactly how the Lord is going work things out or when he is going to do it, to make us fearful about the process. But he doesn't work on our time table. He works in his own perfect timing. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understand. In all thy ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct thy paths." Lets make up in our minds this year not to worry about things and not allow fear to consume us. Let's "seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all this this shall be added" Matt 6:33. If we learn to to put God first, like really, everything else will fall in place. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end."

No comments:

Post a Comment