Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Feature: A Lesson from A Celeb Marriage- Teddy and Tina Campbell

I am a HUGE fan of Mary Mary on WeTV. I love the way they represent Christians in this day in age and relationships. They keep it real, and they are transparent. In the second episode of the season, that was a convo between Tina and her hubby Teddy about her appearance. Yes, when she is in "Mary Mode", Tina is all doll-ed up, with the hair, make-up and dress, but on the everyday tip, she's plain and comfortable, which how I feel most of us women are (especially me). This is a realistic and very relevant topic of convo that should be discussed. Do we as women get too lazy and too comfortable when it comes to appearances?

"When I'm home and I go into a Tina space, I'm Tina. I'm Teddy's wife, I'm these kids' momma, I'm her; don't look for Mary. It's a lot of work to be ON; ready for the camera. I can't be ON all the time; it's too much work "





"This is the man that I intend to spending the rest of my life with. He can't tell me there's something he wants, something he needs, something that makes him happy and I'mma disregard it. That is what we call a fool. Why would I do that? How I'mma keep him if he ain't happy"





When this episode aired, I had a convo with my mom, (it's kinda funny because my mother is kinda on the low, trying to groom me for marriage, and she has starting PLANNING MY WEDDING! It's quite funny because I'm not even dating...so I kinda laugh it off, but I do take what she says to heart because it's wisdom) but she was saying that it's important that you keep your appearances up. Now any one who knows me, know that I LOVE fashion! But I can admit that I do get lazy with it at times especially during the week, mainly because I do work from home, right after work, I'm heading to school, where I have to wear a uniform, and I rarely go anywhere until the weekend, and more than likely it's church and I do get GAWGEOUS  for the Lord. But, yes I can do more.


A couple of weeks ago my clinic for teacher (who is a male) joked that if I stepped it up I would more than likely get asked out more. I didn't too much offense because to know Mr. Ed you know that he cracks on everyone. But it was food for thought. I can remember recently running into a guy that I am interested in and I wasn't to the nines. I wasn't bummy but I wasn't looking my best and I feeling a little embarrassed because I could have looked better. So I'm going to challenge myself to step it up. Keeping my hair flawless even through the week, working to get my skin back together, actually ironing (lol somehow I got out of that habit in college with all the hustle and rushing) even if that mean getting up earlier.  A lot more can be discussed on this topic so I'm going to try my best to remember to do a part two to this.




Do you think you could step it up a little more?

No comments:

Post a Comment