Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Ex-Factor

A few weeks ago my youth department had their Outpour Youth Conference, and as a member of the youth choir, one of the nights were had to wear "church" tees. Well, seeing how a larger portion of my clothes are still at sorority sister's house from me moving, I didn't have much to choose from. I decided to my "X-Fornicator" tee, that I got made, inspired by P4CM. My decision, based on lack of any other option, sparked so many different reactions. People, for the most part, applauded my boldness in displaying my past sin.


All of the reaction to my fashion choice, made me think, "why should I be ashamed of what God brought me from?" As I look around I see so many saved women who struggle with fornication. That doesn't make them any less saved, because Roman 3:23 says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (I'm not give any one the green light to go out and have premarital sex, God looks at your heart). If me proclaiming that God delivered me, caused just one other person to lay their issue at His feet, would it not have been worth the "embarrassment"?


For those who are not physically a virgin any more, overcoming the struggle with premarital sex, can be very difficult. If I may be very transparent for a moment, although I have been practicing celibacy for almost 3 years now, the urges are still there. It's not some thing that is going to happen over night. It's a process. Like I mentioned in A Letter to Benedict Arnold and A Letter to Benedict Arnold Pt. 2, most women who have this problem may also be dealing with self image and esteem problems weather they realize it or not. The key to overcoming fornication is to first realize your worth, understand who God purposed you to be, and to love yourself. I know your thinking "I've heard all of this before", I said the same thing, but until you really get into the word understand who you in Christ, then you will never be able to know your true worth. 


Trust, every woman, I don't care how saved she is, deals with feelings of sexual arousal, especially around that time of the month. That doesn't make you a bad person, because it's natural; you can't help it. But you have to arm yourself with the word to overcome these moments.  Romans 7:18 says, "For I know in me (that is in my flesh), dwelleth no good thing..." but we have to beat this flesh and build up our spirit man by the renewing of our mind. "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." [Philippians 2:5] You have to get to the point (were I am now) that you love God soooo much, that a few minutes of pleasure (yes it really only will last for a few minutes) is not worth your salvation. God said "if you love me, you will keep my commanments", and when you truly love someone, in the natural, don't try to hurt them. It's the same thing with our Heavenly Father. We are wroth the wait, worth experiencing sex in the way God ordained it; in marriage. This is want He wants for us, so doing anything contrary is a heartbreak for Him.


Yes, this is a day by day walk, and through this blog I want to make myself completely transparent so that as I walk through this single Christian life, (1) God can get all the glory and (2) I can help other Queens realize their worth. Trust there will always be more to come! 











No comments:

Post a Comment